- The Giver (Lois Lowry)
- Only Pack What You Can Carry (Janice Holly Booth)
- The 100 Thing Challenge (Dave Bruno)
- The Razor's Edge (M. Somerset Maugham)
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Game Theory (Edward C. Rosenthal)
- Yes! (Noah Goldstein, et al)
- Switch: How to Change Things When Change is Hard (Chip Heath & Dan Heath)
- Freakonomics (Levitt & Dubner)
- House Lust (Daniel McGinn)
- The Art of Happiness (Dalai Lama)
- The Small House Book (Jay Shafer)
Many of these books I was able to pick up either from swap.com or from the Great River Regional or Hennepin County libraries.
Of these books, I would recommend The Giver, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Game Theory (at least for math/computer geeks), Switch, Freakonomics, House Lust, and The Art of Happiness.
For Christmas, my parents bought me Toward a Psychology of Being (Abraham Maslow), which I have started reading and hope to have finished soon.