- We took Reed to the ER for stitches and Jake for distressed breathing. Par for the course.
- Jacob got his tonsils and adenoids out.
- Reed got glasses (video 1, video 2).
- I went skydiving and water skied for the first time.
- I got my motorcycle endorsement and a bike.
- We went to (and I was in) Luke and Shannon's wedding.
- Jacob turned four, started preschool at Holy Cross in St. Cloud (and loves it) and has begun asking deep questions about how the world works -- such as "Why do trees exist in this world?" This morning, he asked me about why I go to work.
- Reed turned two, recently started potty training, and has had a great increase in his imagination thanks in great part to Jacob helping him along.
- Andrea retired from the Clearwater Fire & Rescue Department after over ten years as a firefighter and EMT. It was bittersweet, but it was the right decision for her.
- I was able to make a hiking trip or two up north using my new ENO hammock.
For 2012, we actually don't have too terribly many things to which we are looking forward. All of our friends are now married, though my cousin Jennifer is getting married in August, so we'll probably be taking a road trip to Michigan for that. By that time, our boys will be five and three.
As for babies, Eric and Tiffany are having their first this May, and Ryan and Jenn are having their second in September.